The purpose of a dental crown or the main reason why any cosmetic dentist would recommend one is to cover and protect your tooth. Crowns are typically worn on the top of your head. Dental crowns are very similar in this respect. They are molded & constructed using a material, in our case porcelain is used, and then cemented onto the top part of your tooth for a full, natural-looking esthetic.
Our teeth are prone to several problems the more we age & the more we use them to break down foods. When we exert a lot of force with our teeth to bite into harder substances, the wear & tear of our teeth will occur much quicker. As a result, problems occur. Very minor imperfections may be corrected using alternative cosmetic dentistry procedures such as veneers. However, when a majority of the tooth is affected in some way then a dental crown is the best option.
• Top off dental crowns for a complete look.
• Completely restore a tooth that has suffered from trauma in some way.
• Replace missing teeth. (dental implant is required for a full replacement)
• Supports misshapen teeth or teeth that appear “broken”.
• Corrects your smile.
• Corrects functional chewing issues that may exist.
• Other benefits that Dr. Sona Asatryan will describe to you.
Here at Fair Oaks Dental Group, we always strive to give our patients the best dental care possible, which is why we have chosen to offer dental crowns using strong, durable porcelain materials. This way you should not have to replace your crown for several years. Porcelain is advantageous over other options that exist because:
• Porcelain is the most stain-resistant material offered.
• Porcelain is a strong, durable material for crowns, lasting upwards of 30 years in some cases.
• Porcelain closely resembles the natural color and appearance of our teeth for an authentic look & feel.
See the difference porcelain crowns make by viewing one of our very own patients below who needed to have dental implants topped off with porcelain crowns for a completely new smile!
If you are looking for porcelain dental crowns in Pasadena, CA or simply would like to have a second opinion on cosmetic dentistry procedures you are considering, then please call our office @ (626) 431-2654 for more information. Or you may schedule an appointment online here. We will contact you back as soon as possible.